Tiny Home Hawai'i
- Excitement! Tiny Home Hawai'i is touring Big island filming free Tiny Home Community Conversations, educating public everything A-Z Tiny Home living, Music For The People, plus much more… Join our amazing vibe on our weekly national television show on HGTV Tiny Home Hawai’i.
The short video addresses very common question regarding Tiny Homes in Hawai'i.
- What is the cost of a tiny home?
- What kind of regulations are imposed, re: building codes?
- Who is going to be building these tiny homes?
- Where will the "plans" for building a tiny home come from?
- Are they built on "sights" or built and moved to a sight?
- How long does it take to construct a tiny home?
Tiny Home Sisterhood is helping to clean up our environment. Everything in Hawai'i is brought to the island via boat on Wooden Pallets. The Wooden Pallets are not collected and sent back, the Wooden Pallets remain on the island. The Tiny Home Sisterhood has collected many Wooden Pallets that currently fill landfills, or worse yet, taken out to the sea and dumped. With our unique Pallet Bracing System we are constructing Tiny Homes from the Wooden Pallets. We are using the Wooden Pallets and Pallet Bracing System for the Framing. The exterior walls that cover the wooden pallet framing is selected from a variety of salvaged materials. Similarly, the material selected for the interior walls that cover the wooden pallet framing is decided upon during the Design Consultation.
The cost of 'Cottage By The Sea'?
The cost for 'Cottage By The Sea' varies and is dependent on several factors:
- Size: The square footage determines size and 'Cottage By The Sea' is scalable to accommodate needs.
- Material: The Tiny Home Sisterhood likes to add color to our designs for our presentation to HGTV and our proposed national television show Tiny Home Hawai'i.
- Location: Cost can vary depending on Location. For example, constructed on a foundation (on land) for as low as $10,000, is less costly than the expense of constructing on a Trailer, as low as $25,000.
- Utilities: Off-Grid with Solar has a different cost associated with it compared to being On Grid with Electricity... Code Permits, Design considerations, and several other factors play a role in these variable costs.
- Water and Sewerage: Water can be as simple as connecting a garden hose and a self-contained toilet, or, provided with all the comforts of a complete water and septic system designed to meet code. Costs vary dramatically.
- Design: The Tiny Home Sisterhood is proud of the Design Consultation we offer. Should you be considering a Tiny Home in Hawai'i, for yourself, for Rental Property, or a Vacation Getaway, we can answer all your 'Cottage By The Sea' questions with a very easy process through our simple Design Consultation.
What kind of regulations are imposed re: building codes?
Building Codes for Tiny Homes is in constant motion as Tiny Homes play a more and more important role in Alternative Housing options. Tiny Home Sisterhood is honored to support the amazing movement led by OneIsland.org: THIS IS TINY HOME GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY IN ACTION.
Who is going to be building these Tiny Homes?
Where will the "plans" for building a tiny home come from?
Are they built on "sights" or built and moved to a sight?
Tiny Home Sisterhood is please to provide 'Cottage By The Sea' on Land, or, on a Trailer. Many factors have to be considered in making the final decision, such as Size, Material, Location, Utilities, Code Restrictions, Permitting, etc. We are pleased to offer our Design Consultation as a pre-screening of your needs to access all the options for consideration.
How long does it take to construct a Tiny Home?
- A Tiny Home can be constructed in a very short span of time, or, a longer span of time dependent upon design criteria, location, and features selected.
Can you go to building supply companies and ask for building materials that are going to be discarded? Like Habitat for humanity does.
How many are on the team?
You can help!
Love the idea of exploring a Tiny Home in Hawai'i?
- Discover everything you need...Tiny Home Resource Directory
- One Stop Shopping... Tiny Home General Store
- Your private sanctuary... Design & Build Do It Yourself Kit
- Designed by Heart, Built with Confidence... Custom Built For You
- From our home to your home... Tiny Homes of Hawai'i Book.
Tiny Home Community Conversations
Tiny Home Hawai'i is hosting Tiny Home Community Conversations as we deliver FREE events for public awareness of Tiny Home lifestyle. Discover everything from the costs of Tiny Home living, Zoning, Building, Off-Grid options, to Alternative Housing options, etc. all for FREE!
Tiny Home Conversations are offered to the public as Education For The People. Join the Tiny Home Sisterhood as we film each FREE public event for our presentation to HGTV for our weekly nationally televised show Tiny Home Hawai'i.
Support Tiny Home Community Conversations!
Each Tiny Home Community Conversation is filmed for our presentation to HGTV for our weekly nationally televised show, Tiny Home Hawai'i.
Please join our exciting journey to HGTV... Become A Member.
Tiny Home Big Heart
Tiny Home Big Heart
Not since the Great Depression have so many Single Mother’s with Children been without homes, more than 200,000 children have no place to live.
The impact of homelessness on Single Mothers is profound. Many experience anger, self blame, sadness, fear, and hopelessness. Mothers experiencing homelessness have significant histories of interpersonal violence. For them, the experience of becoming homeless is another major stressor amidst already complicated traumatic experiences.
- Over 92% of homeless mothers have experienced severe physical and/or sexual abuse during their lifetime
- The typical sheltered homeless family is comprised of a mother in her late twenties with two children.
- Among all homeless women, 60% have children under age 18
- 1 of every 4 homeless women is homeless because of violence committed against her
What are the experiences of homeless children?
Children experience high rates of chronic and acute health problems while homeless. The constant barrage of stressful and traumatic experiences also has profound effects on their development and ability to learn. Violence plays a significant role in the lives of homeless children.
- Approximately 1.6 million children will experience homelessness over the course of a year.
- 42% of children in homeless families are under age six
- By age 12, 83% of homeless children had been exposed to at least one serious violent event
- Almost 25% have witnessed acts of violence within their families
- 15% have seen their father hit their mother
- 11% have seen their mother abused by a male partner
One Native is funding our project with... Bring your pride to life... Join the Tiny Home Sisterhood in caring for a sister with child(ren) in need of shelter, Tiny Home Big Heart.