Where matters of the heart meet matters of the mind
This page explains how we professionally manage our creativity in an extremely creative atmosphere.
You kindly ask you to agree that...
During my volunteer activity, employment by, appointment with, and/or affiliation with OV*, I may discover, invent, or create work products that may be copyrighted, trademarked or patented. I understand and agree that, because of my volunteer efforts, employment, appointment, and/or affiliation, OV has a valid interest in all such matters whether they be writings, designs, productions, inventions, discoveries or developments conceived and/or made by me during an period of volunteering, employment, appointment, and/or affiliation as well as in any related copyrights, trademarks or patent rights, actual or potential that are a result from of my OV assigned efforts.
As a term of my volunteering, employment, appointment, and/or affiliation, I understand and agree that OV owns any such inventions, discoveries, or any other material that may be patented or trademarked in accordance with the law or with a determination made by OV which shall take into account the relative contributions made by me and OV, the extent to which OV resources and facilities were used, or whether the invention, discovery, or any other material that may be patented or trademarked arose out of the field or discipline in which I was volunteering, employed, appointed, or affiliated. In addition, as a term of any volunteering, employment, appointment, and/or affiliation, I understand and agree that OV may own work products that may be copyrighted pursuant to the regulations of OV.
As further confirmation of OV’s ownership rights described above, I hereby assign to OV all rights in work products that OV owns as described above and in actual or prospective patents, trademarks or copyrights on such work products.
I also agree not to transfer any rights or disclose any information concerning any such work products or the work products of any other OV volunteer, employee, appointee, or affiliate to any person other than as permitted by the regulations of OV.
* Optimistic Vibe, Inc. is referred to as the “OV”, and includes the 501-3c Julie Ellen Robbins Foundation.
You kindly ask you to agree that...
I agree to perform the Volunteer duties (referred to as “Activity”) to which I am assigned to the best of my ability and in a professional manner. I understand that as a Volunteer authorized by the OV, I acknowledge that there may be certain risks related to the Activity. I hereby state and affirm that:
1. I agree to work for OV as a Volunteer.
2. As a Volunteer, I understand that I am not authorized to enter into agreements with third parties unless expressly authorized by OV in writing by an agent of OV to do so. I understand I am not authorized to represent OV in any financial obligations unless expressly authorized by OV in writing by an agent of OV to do so. I understand OV is not obligated to reimburse me for any unauthorized expenses, time, nor material, unless previously authorized by OV in writing by an agent of OV to do so. I also understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent Volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
3. I am aware that participation as a Volunteer could require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
4. As consideration for Volunteering for OV, I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against OV or its employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, or contractors of OV as a result of my Volunteering. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OV AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND VOLUNTEERS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT, I AM NOT COVERED BY OV’s WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM. I authorize OV to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a Volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
6. I understand that the materials and tools provided by OV are and remain the property of OV, and I agree to return these tools and any remaining materials to OV at the end of my Volunteer service.
7. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Volunteer with Optimistic Vibe, Inc (hereby referred to as the “OV”) and includes the 501-3c Julie Ellen Robbins Foundation.