'One Native' film documentary
It all started when...
Our entry to the Sundance Film Festival
‘One Native’ is amazing people collaborating to single-handedly build an experimental Self-Reliance platform.
Capable of doing a Great Job
Social Architecture is spreading… the Tiny Home Sisterhood is benefitting the community, hosting Tiny Home Community Conversations, Events designed to demonstrate importance that Wisdom of Elder’s provides as the Tiny Home Sisterhood addresses the social concern facing the Oppression of Women. Shared via social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, and Sound Cloud, our July 15, 2017 event at A'ama Organic Farm, Big Island, Hawai’i.
Who are we?
’Optimistic Vibe’ is a book written by Robert John Cook.
“Robert John Cook is committed to his community--offering all of us a shared hand to improve our streets, our culture, our senses and our lives. His ancestors arrived here four hundred years ago searching for a particular salvation--and he has presented now a program which will shine a light.” Max Kennedy
What do you want to make?
We are handcrafting our Tiny Home Village, alternative off-grid, with entertainment, providing ‘How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i’ to international Tiny Home Nation on HGTV.
Our mission for our film documentary is to build our Tiny Home Village, ‘Aloha Ola Ana’ (Love Living), so we can show Oprah how a group of people working with two major universities delivered Oprah’s Self-Sustainability approach of Passion leading to Purpose.
You’re doing something complex, share details to demonstrate that you know what you’re doing.
Vibrant positive energy of Optimistic Vibe Team with an active vibe in the Hawai’i Island community. The community recognizes the Optimistic Vibe Team’s “Interesting Path to Happiness” via Self-Sustainability and responds with support and encouragement.
Going back 400 Native Years to a time when humankind was the Happiest on the planet Earth through Self-Sustainability. ‘Optimistic Vibe’ will illustrate the reason for the Happiness through the Self-Sustainability of Seven Teachings: Love, Honesty, Respect, Truth, Courage, Humility, and Wisdom.
Depicting the Self-Sustainability of Happiness through Collaboration using Seven Teachings, ‘Optimistic Vibe’ will highlight the comparison between Passion and Happiness by comparing our community, Aloha Ola Ana, to the successful Pilgrim Mayflower self-sustainable community ‘Plimoth’ that flourished 400 Native Years ago using Self-Sustainability techniques.
‘Optimistic Vibe’ will highlight 400 Native Years past when society valued Happiness through Self-Sustainability more than they valued Money, and how Fair Trade/Barter was the tool of currency.
‘Optimistic Vibe’ will feature Happiness through Self-Sustainability by combining Seven Teachings with Love from the genius of Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘Your Passion is a Spiritual Gift’, Honesty from Wright Brothers’ ‘We just knew’, Respect from Walt Disney’s ‘The distance between Vision and Reality is a To Do List’, Truth from Steve Jobs’ ‘Passion pulls You’, Courage from John Lennon’s ‘Evolution to overcome Fear’, Humility from His Holiness Dali Lama ‘Self-Confidence can change the world’, Wisdom from Oprah Winfrey’s ‘Passion leads to Purpose’.
To connect Seven Teachings with Action, not words, with Fair Trade opportunity through One Hand Up’s Tiny Home Hawai’i in a collaborative setting, ‘Optimistic Vibe’ will illustrate the amazing results of Happiness when positive energy is applied to ‘Truth Within’.
From our entertaining social marketing/blog updates for HGTV, the Optimistic Vibe Team will select media that supports a HGTV Lifestyle in Hawai’i for HGTV-Tiny Home Nation, specifically Portland’s Tiny Home Nation. To add entertainment with an island vibe to ‘Optimistic Vibe’, the soundtrack will be live recordings of the island’s Optimistic Vibe Band performing at Music For The People beach events, Kanekapila Gatherings, Open Mic’s, and House Concerts (public and private) around the island.
We hold ourselves accountable as the birthday gift to Ethel Kennedy that ‘Optimistic Vibe’ is (from her son Max’s commission to Artist Robert John Cook). Every decision we make, we consider Ethel as our guiding light. For this reason we are highly professional, real transparent, and through the Seven Teachings of Love, Honesty, Respect, Truth, Courage, Humility, and Wisdom we are confident.
We are the Optimistic Vibe Team. We have two universities on standby if we need professional business consulting, and we have professionals on our team like the best CPA firm around to keep track of every penny.
Team of Passion
Our Team is our Cast. Every person you see in our film documentary is a member of our Team. We are community!
Similar work we’ve done
Back in 2012 we opened our first Optimistic Vibe location. Happenstance would have it that our very cool first location landed on HGTV as a feature in the nationally televised HGTV show ‘Going Yard’. We are very comfortable with HGTV!
What we are planning to make
From our film documentary, with our proven Self-Sustainability model we have plans to apply our Pro-Positive approach to a list of additional national and international social concerns needing an Optimistic Vibe.
Where did this project come from?
In the year 1620 the first Self-Sustainable community on what would later become American soil was built. It was called ‘Plimoth Plantation’. For nineteen years Self-Sustainability worked. In our film documentary we are advancing proven Self-Sustainability techniques to modern day in a Tiny Home Village in Hawai’i called ‘Aloha Ola Ana’.
How we got the idea
One brother comes up with the ideas, the other brother follows his passion to bring the ideas to life.
How much we’ve accomplished so far
We spent four and half years, with two universities, designed and built our Self-Sustainability strategy. The model of Self-Sustainability has been tested in the lab, we applied what we have learned, and we are at this point; All Systems Go!
The kind of work we do, and how we go about it
Self-Sustainability is a Tiny Home in Hawai’i… Aloha E Ola Ana
We provide a Tiny Home opportunities in Hawai’i… One Hand Up
We offer public education for Tiny Home Hawai’i… Resource Center
We teach/live Alternative and Off-Grid… How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i
We are Like-Minded Community… Education For The People
We are Music For The People… Optimistic Vibe Hawai'i
We celebrate our Optimistic Vibe lifestyle… Meditation For The People
Tiny Home Big Heart… Aloha smile for HGTV and Oprah!
Upcoming HGTV Tiny Home Hawai’i… weekly nationally televised show
Visit our display booth… Tiny House Conference, Portland, Oregon, April 8/9
Straight Talk Tiny Home Advocacy… Tiny Home Sisterhood
Seven Teachings… Care to learn what we are About?
The Less You Own the Less Owns You… Self-Sustainability
Save The Date Ribbon Cutting Ceremony… Gathering of Optimism
Acknowledgment of Honor… Those who Provide Gifts are the Gift
What’s our plan?
Our plan to create our film documentary is budget driven. We are creating quantity fifty less than five minutes each videos for social marketing to get the word out and help fundraise. Our plan is to select from the series of five minutes video a ‘collage’ for our film documentary. The film documentary will be a collection of selected social media that capture our Action, not words. Our plan is to issue an Action video of real transparency, for each task necessary to build Aloha Ola Ana to prove our Self-Sustainability experiment.
What’s our schedule?
Our film documentary is a six month project. Our start date for film documentary production commences November 1, 2016. This is when we will launch our Kickstarter campaign. Our post-production completion is scheduled for April 2017. This follows our final scene of footage from our Tiny Home Hawai’i display booth, with our amazing team showing of their amazing vibe, at the at the Tiny House Conference in Portland on April 8/9.
Here is a lay out of a clear, specific timeline for what backers can expect.
Opening Scene: Interesting Path to Happiness
· Start with the end, Open with Summer Washko’s confidence: “Really speak with fire, Who can inspire, A celebrity maybe, I would make it an inspiring art piece, With great music and images, And children Creating, Painting, Building, Action, Fun, Where is the MADNESS???, Make people fall in love with this, Images, Color, Music, Fun, Professional!!!!!”
· Film an island Tour Guide adventure as we locate island WiFi to upload footage, Fair Trade for Optimistic Vibe Team’s weekly blog re: Provide inspiration by giving One Hand Up as our face of Self-Sustainability. Footage to show Optimistic Vibe Team as collaboration partners making our entry into the Sundance Film Festival following four+ years of research and consultation with the Small Business Development Network of the University of Massachusetts, and the University of Hawai’i.
· Film using One Hand Up interviewing/hiring practice ‘Truth Within’, hire Team Member as HGTV Star Spokesperson for Tiny Home Big Heart with an Aloha smile for HGTV and Oprah.
· Film HGTV Star sharing her Aloha as the representative of Tiny Home Sisterhood’s “Design By Heart, Built with Confidence”. “How-To” videos displaying our scaled model of “LOVE” to the public and explains plans for Tiny Home Resource Center.
Scene 1: Native American 'Shoulder To The Wheel'
· HGTV Star the poster child for One Hand Up with ‘Optimistic Vibe’ Team’ as Team Member introduces Education For The People to Local Community Service Organizations, discussing “Are You Like-Minded Community… Education For The People?”
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team’s native pride in Action by honoring John Trudell's Native American 'Shoulder To The Wheel' by showing Optimistic Vibe Team as artists, musicians, and writers standing on the shoulders of Wampanoag Nation’s Iyanough with Pilgrim William Brewster in 1620 with Seven Teachings of Love, Honesty, Respect, Truth, Courage, Humility, and Wisdom.
· Film connect the dots between Seven Teachings and “The Less You Own the Less Owns You… Self-Sustainability”
Scene 2: Future Built with Action Not Words
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team building Aloha Ola Ana with Native Pride as a Cultural Gift to the beautiful Hawai’ian People.
· Film streamlining iPhone Blog Updates as Optimistic Vibe Team navigates Kickstarter and learns to understand publishing our film documentary for Max Gail, to invite his cameo appearance. ‘Optimistic Vibe’ will showcase interviewing Kiana, a currently homeless female Military Veteran with children, and discussing/showing hands on activity supporting Kiana’s awakening being applied to Tiny Home Big Heart project for Oprah.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team inspiring Michael E.V. Knight's with Future Built with Action Not Words for a like-minded community.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team celebrating website completion buzz to inspire Tiny Home Sisterhood to create video building Tiny Home Community Resource Center for Lori Singer to invite her cameo appearance.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team update social market/blog as artists, musicians, writers getting started on large collaboration project.
· Footage will show Author Robert John Cook (et al) being interviewed and discussing their inspiring, intellectual, and uplifting viewpoints and perspectives that connects the proven sustainable practices of ‘Plimoth’ and Optimistic Vibe’s self-sustainable Tiny Homes at our Aloha Ola Ana community in Hawai’i.
Scene 3: Native Fair Trade
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team collaborating to inspire Winona LaDuke with Native Fair Trade.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team posting social marketing/ blog updates to inspire Board of Advisors to organize Fair Trade Program for Winona LaDuke to invite her cameo appearance.
· Filming of Education For The People action will provide colorful action of entertaining details of ‘One Hand Up’ on-the-job training at the Tiny Home Sisterhood’s ‘Tiny Home Resource Center’.
· Film Tiny Home Sisterhood demonstrating Fair Trade of a ‘One Hand Up’ opportunity for Tiny Home ownership, Employment, and Community at Aloha Ola Ana.
Scene 4: Aloha Ola Ana
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team on-the-job translations of Seven Teachings via the genius of Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘Your Passion is a Spiritual Gift’, John Lennon’s ‘Evolution to overcome Fear’, Walt Disney’s ‘The distance between Vision and Reality is a To Do List’, Steve Jobs’ ‘Passion pulls You’, Wright Brothers’ ‘We just Knew’, and Oprah Winfrey’s ‘Passion leads to Purpose’.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team living Pono Seven Teachings to inspire Vicki Strauss' with Aloha Ola Ana.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team as Happiness synchronistically opens doors to Gifts of Passion lead to Purpose (re: Oprah’s message).
· Film Tiny Home Sisterhood building 'Tiny Temple' scaled model to Meditate with my Gratefulness for Vicki Strauss to invite her cameo appearance to show processing self-discovering to support Vicki’s awakening of her ‘Aloha Ola Ana’.
Scene 5: Tiny Home Hawai’i
· Film footage of real estate team members pursuing options for opening the Tiny Home Resource Center. HGTV Star explains Why.
· Film HGTV Star with Tiny Home Sisterhood members through footage of Social Media/Blog Updates from the Action of building scaled model of “LOVE” with our presentation and recording equipment on trailer via our HGTV television show proposal ‘How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i’
· Film HGTV Star showcasing her work as Face of Self-Sustainability, being mentored by ‘Optimistic Vibe’ Team’ building “LOVE” and social markets our progress building Aloha Ola Ana for her very own Tiny Home.
· Film Team Member package/sell HGTV to gather Local Veteran as new Team Mate ready to go to Tiny House Conference. Team Member HGTV Star discusses booth at Portland, Local Veteran is face of Tiny Home Big Heart.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team as we go back 400 Native Years to a time of global Happiness and bring Happiness to life in a Tiny Home Hawai’i Village the Optimistic Vibe Team build called Aloha Ola Ana (LOVE Living Happiness).
· Film the Tiny Home Sisterhood hosting “How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i” event at several beach locations around the island and capture public response of support and encouragement.
· Film HGTV Star as the public image of How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i. Team Member express her knowledge at Workshops at our Resource Center Presentations at Alternative/Off-Grid Field Trips and Gatherings with Optimistic Vibe Hawai'i.
· Film HGTV Star presenting the Tiny Home Sisterhood by advocating international public participation via Tiny Home International.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team connecting Seven Teachings with Action, not words, via Fair Trade opportunity.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team responding to One Hand Up’s Tiny Home Hawai’i.
· Film a collaborative setting of Optimistic Vibe Team illustrating the amazing results of Happiness when positive energy is applied to their ‘Truth Within’.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team first night in Tiny Home Hawai’i to inspire Kristie Wolf with Tiny Home Hawai’i.
· Film Tiny Home Sisterhood building 'LOVE' scaled model, Create Event, and Host How-To Tiny Home Hawai'i for Kristie Wolfe, to invite her cameo appearance.
· Footage will be shown of Kristie Wolfe inspiring passion for living a native-origin alternative off-grid lifestyle.
· The ‘Truth Within’ star of ‘Optimistic Vibe’ will use her passion to shape “Tiny Home Hawai'i” for national syndication on HGTV.
Scene 6: Lifestyle of Happiness
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team inspiring Buffy Ford Stewart and Henry Diltz with Lifestyle of Happiness by showing Buffy and Henry “Really speak with fire, Who can inspire, A celebrity maybe, I would make it an inspiring art piece, With great music and images, And children Creating, Painting, Building, Action, Fun, Where is the MADNESS???, Make people fall in love with this, Images, Color, Music, Fun, Professional!!!!!”.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team, led by Summer Washko, entertaining social marketing/blog updates with select media that supports a HGTV Lifestyle in Hawai’i for HGTV-Lovers Tiny Home Nation, specifically Portland’s HGTV Tiny Home Nation.
· Film Summer hosting live recordings of the island’s Optimistic Vibe Band performing at Music For The People beach events, Kanekapila Gatherings, Open Mic’s, and House Concerts (public and private) around the island.
· Film Optimistic Vibe Team and Summer Washko with a lifestyle enjoying island living, taking our VW Camper Van to Ho'okena Beach Wednesday Night and hosting an Optimistic Vibe event for beach music footage for Buffy Ford Stewart and Henry Diltz, to invite their cameo appearance.
· In preparation to entertain, Summer Washko will be filmed processing Balance & Renewal to provide well-rounded wellness via Meditation For The People during the day, at night hosting Music For The People pot luck sunset beach gig and delivering Gathering of Optimism to Marta Barreras at Kohala/Konaside beach pavilions from Ho’okena to Honoka’a, and interviewing footage with Richard Bodien, and David Gnomes to show “Really speak with fire, Who can inspire, A celebrity maybe, I would make it an inspiring art piece, With great music and images, And children Creating, Painting, Building, Action, Fun, Where is the MADNESS???, Make people fall in love with this, Images, Color, Music, Fun, Professional!!!!!”.
“Save The Date Ribbon Cutting Ceremony… Gathering of Optimism” ‘Optimistic Vibe’ closing scene will be footage of all the film stars manning the booth at the Portland Tiny House Conference. The fading final image/still is Portland Airport scene of film stars heading to Austin, Texas with Willie Nelson’s bandmate, Steven ‘Mudslide’ Welsh, to introduce Music For The People’s ‘Welcome Home’ project to Toby Keith.
Prologue: Acknowledgment of Honor… Those who Provide Gifts are the Gift
What’s our budget?
We have written a script requiring quantity fifty five minute videos, in a variety of locations around the island. Transportation, following labor, is our largest expense. Our budget calls for $2,000 per five minute video, our total budget is 50 x $2,000 = $100,000.
We were approached by Investors, but to be honest, their interests of profit and greed doesn't align with our vision of delivering good to people, our environment, and community. We told the Investors a big No, and are going it alone. We figure when you see what we are doing you will give us the green light with whatever you can afford. Simple encouragement is always appreciated!
We require funding initially, and we have ten opportunities to replace funding by generating our own income. We are excited to reduce our initial need for funding and be financially independent as quickly as possible. We just need a little help in the beginning to get started to ‘prime our Cash Flow Pump!’
The total budget provides the expense of meeting our Cash Flow needs to process growth for income generation from:
1. Aloha E Ola Ana, income from Tiny Home Hawai’i vacation rentals.
2. One Hand Up, we generate job growth.
3. Tiny Home Community Resource Center, our store/warehouse sells.
4. How-To Tiny Home Hawai’i, we host workshops.
5. Education For The People, wide ranging vacation packages.
6. Optimistic Vibe Hawai'i, public events, workshops, retreats.
7. Meditation For The People, from Awakening to Zumba, workshops/retreats.
8. Tiny Home Big Heart, donations for building “LOVE”
9. Tiny Home Hawai’i, we sell Assembled and DIY Tiny Home Kits
10. Gathering of Optimism, amazing ticket-only event.
Our overall Task, Budget, and Schedule
We manage our Task, Budget, and Schedule via a Master Excel File. We had preliminary meetings with a CPA firm that the Maui University of Hawai’I SBDC gave a thumbs up to. Based not far from Optimistic Vibe Basecamp is the office for Carbonaro CPA.
Pele has provided the wonderful Gift of opening doors for us, we are in honor.
Trust to use funds wisely
We are Pono.
Why do we care?
Around the world we are at an all time high for Social Depression and the number is increasing every day. Social concerns are growing everywhere. Optimistic Vibe is a re-invented business model that serves people through collaboration rather than serving money through profit and greed. How? Optimistic Vibe uses your Passion as your job description, as a tool for your Self-Sustainability, plus a Fair Trade Tiny Home roof over your head.
We’re passionate about our project and committed to making it happen.
Our project is built on Vincent Van Gogh’s beautiful words… Your passion is spiritual in calling.
Optimistic Vibe has been blessed with Gifts that opens doors, sometimes beyond belief, other times the Gifts are so blatant we laugh aloud together. We are being guided on a remarkable journey that will make any viewer of our film documentary feel good. Our mesmerizing soundtrack will add to this feature as well. Additionally, we will be filming and social marketing daily feeds of our exciting buzz. Stay tuned, and SHARE.